Britton and Arrieta on Trading Block?

Bradysburns

Posted on OH front page, per Rosenthal tweet.

I hope this isn't true. Seems like we would be selling low with both guys. Plus, I'm a huge fan of Britton. And by the way, do we really know yet if we have a "surplus" of consistent starting pitchers?

And what kind of talent could we reasonably expect to receive for either or both of these guys?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted on OH front page, per Rosenthal tweet.

I hope this isn't true. Seems like we would be selling low with both guys. Plus, I'm a huge fan of Britton. And by the way, do we really know yet if we have a "surplus" of consistent starting pitchers?

And what kind of talent could we reasonably expect to receive for either or both of these guys?

Rival Executive expects.

Surplus is Documented.

Way to go Kenny!

Well, that's what a rival exec is saying he"expects," not what the Orioles are saying. And, it says "later in the spring." So, I think a lot hinges on how guys pitch and whether our perceived depth as of Feb. 22 looks like real depth on March 22. I don't think we're trading anyone until we're very sure we have solid options for all five rotation spots and a couple of good back-up plans. If we have 8 good options, we can probably afford to make it 7, if the return is good and adds something else we don't have.

Well, that's what a rival exec is saying he"expects," not what the Orioles are saying. And, it says "later in the spring." So, I think a lot hinges on how guys pitch and whether our perceived depth as of Feb. 22 looks like real depth on March 22. I don't think we're trading anyone until we're very sure we have solid options for all five rotation spots and a couple of good back-up plans. If we have 8 good options, we can probably afford to make it 7, if the return is good and adds something else we don't have.

Completely agree with this. Unless we are getting a legitimate infield prospect back in return, then I don't think the deal will happen. The outfield and rotation is pretty much set for the next few years, but there are major questions in the infield in the near future.

I do think the Orioles have a modest surplus of potential starting pitchers. I also think it is far too soon for the Orioles to be "guessing" about which ones they should consider trading. Another season.....and maybe only a half season....is needed to fully evaluate if Bundy and Glausman are the future before trading away guys like Arrieta, Britton, Matusz, etc.

I think the only thing the Orioles might consider is a couple young arms for a young slugger.

Maybe an established starting pitcher from a team not seen as a contender?

Another hole could open up during the spring.

I don't see a team giving up a TOR SP for those two. We need one of those, not amother Saunders type. And I wouldn't trade those two for one of those. If Roberts is toast by the end of ST, I could see them trading for a decent upgrade at 2B but I don't know who that would be.

Besides 2B what position would you be able to significantly upgrade by trading Britton and Arrieta?

By the trade deadline I could see the O's trading for a leftfielder that is a MOO. By that time we will know a lot more about Reimold and McLouth. And some of the young O's pitchers may be in bigger demand if they are doing well. Hammel may also be on the block months before free agency.

By the trade deadline I could see the O's trading for a leftfielder that is a MOO. By that time we will know a lot more about Reimold and McLouth. And some of the young O's pitchers may be in bigger demand if they are doing well. Hammel may also be on the block months before free agency.
I wonder what it would take in young pitching to get Houston to give us Altuve?

Archived